Teflon Stax connector group buy/purchasing

kevin gilmore

I am contemplating a jack PCB. I was thinking of a round board with just two wire holes next to each pin. No mounting holes. If anyone is interested, let me know. All i really need to decide is the wire diameter, i tend to use small gauge wire, but would accommodate something larger if there was a strong opinion. Also if you have better ideas let me know as well and I can accommodate them and perhaps a connector if there is strong desire for that (but it would have to be other side, as opposed to the above boar that has it on the bottom, which won't fit in my case)

When I bought the first batch of 100 pins, the eBay seller sent me a mail the following day of the purchase to confirm that he had sent me the connectors. I bought the second batch some days ago and I haven't had any news of this seller until today, this is his message:

"Dear sir:

I received the new version lot on today, and find there are something different than before:

(1) Outside looking be modified.

(2) dark golden color than before.

other functions are same as before.

I also correct my description: the pin's material is copper-alloy, from beginning to today, never changed.

I just want let you know, and waiting your confirm.

If ok, I will ship ASAP to you."

You can see images of the new pin on this link.

I have asked the seller to send me the new pins. I need some days to receive these pins and verify that fitting well into de jacks, I've decided freeze the group buy these days undecided.gif

I hope to tell you good news soon.

-- o --

Rodrigo

final cut, added a bottom silk and notation for which side is which.

post-482-0-60058300-1322407234_thumb.png

Also, the hole for the pins just fits the larger diameter on the pin surface. The reason is, sometimes the nuts come loose and I wanted to push the board down onto the nuts to prevent this from happening. Also, it gives more material to solder to. This is different than say how the T2 boards work, in which the hole diameter is the smaller of the pin diameters.

Edited by luvdunhill