So many amps, so little knowledge. Bless me with your expertise!

mtbfan101

Hey everybody,

I obsess over music, yet I know very little about the mechanics of amps, headphones, etc. However, I believe I have narrowed the headphones down to a pair of Senn HD 595's. They seem to be popular among the audio community. My real problem is deciphering between all the amps! Here is what I am contemplating between(by the way, i'm on a budget--college kid):

1) JDS Cmoy/BSG Cmoy- I have read pretty solid reviews about these, and I like the price point

2) Neco Soundlab Cmoy- It is a little more expensive, but the reviews seemed to be fantastic.

3) Mini3- This was even more expensive, but I hear this amp gives more advanced amps a run for their money.

4) I recently discovered Ibasso on this site. I don't know much about them, but they seem popular.

I am also up for any recommendations! Also, if you feel that the Senn's are obsolete, feel inclined to recommend a better pair!

Extra Info: For an amp I would like to stay under 150, and for headphones I would like to stay under 200. I don't listen to much rap so bass isen't vital--I do like bass though. I listen to a lot of indie rock, chillwave, folk, classical, classical motets, instrumentals, and some electric. I also plan on downloading rockbox to my nano so I can play flac files, as I have read mp3 is a lossy file. If that is not possible I here ALAC files are good, too.

Thanks a lot,

Pat

Ugh. What a painful post. I'm sorry I read it.

I'm sorry you read it too. I wish you would have just responded with something constructive rather than being an asshole you fuckhead. Please, tell me why I'm wrong. I'd be surprised if you're itching not to. Come on nerd, enlighten me.

for the benefit of other newbies that are reading, rather than posting:

This isn't the place to ask which $50 amp is best for you. We really don't give a fuck. http://www.head-fi.org will answer that question for you. The difference between various $50 amps is negligible. Pick one, use it, throw it in front of a car or give it to a friend when you upgrade to better headphones, or a better amp.

• 2 weeks later...

for the benefit of other newbies that are reading, rather than posting:

This isn't the place to ask which $50 amp is best for you. We really don't give a fuck. http://www.head-fi.org will answer that question for you. The difference between various $50 amps is negligible. Pick one, use it, throw it in front of a car or give it to a friend when you upgrade to better headphones, or a better amp.

Then what do you recommend as far as better headphones and an amp are concerned? I'm seeing a lot of people saying things like this but not posting any information whatsoever to actually help people.

Then what do you recommend as far as better headphones and an amp are concerned? I'm seeing a lot of people saying things like this but not posting any information whatsoever to actually help people.

I don't think you have any reading comprehension at all. Where did you get the idea that this forum is for helping strangers? No one here cares one bit that you can't see the posts or find the information you are looking for and we are not here as your soapbox. At this point, I think we'd rather you specifically couldn't tell the forum ever existed.