makes no sense at all

tiberian

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=215264

<GE> suppose he paid for any of that ;)

<GE> that stupid dock is going to break his ipod good

seriously, the review makes no fucking sense at all. just another example of shameless headfi marketing. i am willing to bet 10 bucks that the UE-10 pros sound best straight out of the ipod.

Of course the review makes sense, everything Jude says is final and it'll be soaked up by the mindless masses and spread as the truth and the final word to everyone else. That's from a marketing standpoint of course.

In terms of actual useful information, I didn't see any, it was just an excuse to post pretty pictures.

the interconnect cable is of insufficient diameter :D

the amp chip in the ipod and in the tomahawk are in fact one in the same.

Notice how few views for a post that has been around 18 hours.

I really think that ray should get into the trendy $100 per inch cable business.

Happy holidays. Certainly the best for me in a great many years, although i

can't say why yet :D

I mean it's not really all that surprising, don't you think?

no it is not surprising at all. i am just puzzled by the fact that no one on headfi has seemed to figure out throwing an amp into the signal path is not going to magically make things sound much better. of course no one is gonna point that out, but oh well...

I can only hope that he actually did pay for it. That will be its own punishment. When he compares it to listening to the iPod straight out of the headphone jack, and asks himself, "Why did I actually pay money for this?" maybe he will finally stop providing his Head-Fi.org site as a free shilling site for Ray Samuels Audio.

Shill! Shill! Shill!

Head-Fi.Org used to be a not-for-profit...

I can only hope that he actually did pay for it. That will be its own punishment. When he compares it to listening to the iPod straight out of the headphone jack, and asks himself, "Why did I actually pay money for this?" maybe he will finally stop providing his Head-Fi.org site as a free shilling site for Ray Samuels Audio.

Shill! Shill! Shill!

Head-Fi.Org used to be a not-for-profit...

Shouldn't Jude be bound by MOT rules? He is a member of the audio trade, and the product he sells is head-fi.org.

you people have no clue what your no hearing...no clue.

I am cool with you boys and your ways but I am telling you..you have no clue what your missing.

its fucking amazing, the relationship of my sensas to the tomahawk is fucking amazing.

i am telling you all now..get yourself custom iem's and a tomahawk (even a used one when they come up) and youll understand.

you people have no clue what your no hearing...no clue.

I am cool with you boys and your ways but I am telling you..you have no clue what your missing.

its fucking amazing, the relationship of my sensas to the tomahawk is fucking amazing.

i am telling you all now..get yourself custom iem's and a tomahawk (even a used one when they come up) and youll understand.

I don't think they're saying anything bad about the amp Billy, in fact it looks like a really well built little guy, more that Jude's review doesn't really make sense:

"If you thought your UE-10 Pro was already excellent (and I'm sure it is), you may be able to effectively increase what I'll call its "sonic contrast ratio" with the Tomahawk" It's sonic contrast ratio? what the hell is that supposed to mean ???

"The sound of the rig in the above photo is very balanced, very resolving, and entirely high-end as far as portable rigs go" entirely high end as far as portable rigs go? Again, what the hell does that mean..... a nano is high end now then is it? Absolute bollocks.

I don't think they're saying anything bad about the amp Billy, in fact it looks like a really well built little guy, more that Jude's review doesn't really make sense:

"If you thought your UE-10 Pro was already excellent (and I'm sure it is), you may be able to effectively increase what I'll call its "sonic contrast ratio" with the Tomahawk" It's sonic contrast ratio? what the hell is that supposed to mean ???

"The sound of the rig in the above photo is very balanced, very resolving, and entirely high-end as far as portable rigs go" entirely high end as far as portable rigs go? Again, what the hell does that mean..... a nano is high end now then is it? Absolute bollocks.

You haven't been around long enough Pinkie. They are saying shit about the Tomahawk.

Personally, I haven't heard the Tomahawk so I decline to say anything, but I can say that in the past I have not been impressed with all the over-hyped RSA gear.