Audio Line Out

PFKMan23

Does anyone have an opinion of his stuff? He seems to like making Ipod docks and mini to minis, but he sells some pretty expensive stuff. Can it really be worth it or even half as good as the other place says?

http://www.aloaudio.com/multiarray/MA%20mini.html

wow.... $200 mini to mini FTL....

*glares at GrandEnigma*

Jude has one, so it must be...

Horrible construction quality and lack of pride in workmanship. I mean seriously, a random jumble of cables in the open going from jack to jack, the shrinkwrap ain't even cut straight, it looks like something I'd hack together in an emergency when I'm out of parts. At least twist or braid the wires or jacket them, and learn to cut shrinkwrap straight without leaving jagged edges. Honestly, I'd be ashamed to own something with such poor attention to detail.

I approve of all the above said statements in regards to build quality, pride, and uniqueness... none of which are qualities of his cables.

There is not a single thing unique about those cables that any other diyer couldn't do themselves. I can make an exact copy of those for close to $9 perhaps...

I just hope the solder joints aren't as sloppy as the exterior...

you can get a cardas mini to mini from headroom for 14 bucks. and cardas stuff actually sounds good.

I had a good talk with Ray about this the other day. alo is doing the same shit as RNB did as terms of pricing and what not, just like rnb is this guy going to vanish also?

rnb and alo these guys are funny cause they sell $140+ mini to dock cables yet what overhead do they have? how many distributors do they need that mark up for? how many dealers they have to make them so damm costly?

I compared a big ass alo dock with cable to my turbo dock 2 and cardas hpi using a burned in tomahawk and my sensas and my ipod. heard alittle brighter but nothing more to much. then again I didnt sit down and compare for hours but I am sticking with my setup..

My engima's (which my entire home rig is line with them) dont cost that much..and thats connecting a $4,400 cdp to a $5,000 pre to $2500+ (including mods and tubes used) monoblocks to $2900 speakers...and i am not mentioning the turntable>phonostage>pre which is also done by engima cable.(mit speaker cable used..$300 used)

sorry i dont believe there is any justifying a mini-dock for anything over $50...no fucking way. i can see cardas having such a high cost cause they have employees and people after people needing to sell their stuff..needing room for mark up. but a headfier selling this to other is just taking advantage of other members strait out.

engima any news on new cables from you? I need shielded rca's for my turntable also. why dont you do a dock to mini and sell it low as fuck?

rnb and alo these guys are funny cause they sell $140+ mini to dock cables yet what overhead do they have? how many distributors do they need that mark up for? how many dealers they have to make them so damm costly?

Not to take this completely off-topic but I find it ironic how all those things you state apply to Ray as well. I do agree though that this ALO stuff is a rip-off I really just have to laugh at people paying $140 for a cable and $300 for an amp for their ipod.

Not to take this completely off-topic but I find it ironic how all those things you state apply to Ray as well. I do agree though that this ALO stuff is a rip-off I really just have to laugh at people paying $140 for a cable and $300 for an amp for their ipod.

In defence of Ray, he does have to pay the Stereophile ad costs while RnB and ALO have no expenses other than putting up a cheap website.

I had forgotten how hilarious RnB's adverts were.

"Simply Stunning" used to be my favorite. It has now been eclipsed by, "Only one man that makes them."

Bwaaaaaaaaaaahahahhahaaha, how can anyone take this guy seriously? He has become what he used to mock on Head-Fi, an overpriced cable manufacturer.