Zana Deux Problem

tyrion

So the amp arrived today. I got it set up, turned it on and no sound. I then noticed that the 6C33C tubes were not lit up. I shut it down and turned it on again and slowly the tubes came to life. i had it playing for about an hour and the sound slowly faded as the 6C33C tubes shut down. Any idea on the cause. I am waiting to hear back from the seller and I'm guessing I will need to send it to Craig to repair.

Miguel, I will. I have Jp's modded Melos Gold to compare this weekend. The ZD is a beauty.

Mike, I still have the MPX3 that was further upgraded after I bought it from you and it was also upgraded/fixed by the good Doctor! If you want to borrow it let me know. Cheers.

I was wondering the same thing. The ZD is one hell of an amp for what I paid. Now I just need some LCD-2's to compare to the HE-500's that I am really enjoying at the moment.

Miguel, I forgot about that amp. I always liked the MPX3. I may take you up on the offer.

KG, you assume I have the skills to make that happen. Wait, you know I don't have the skills to make that happen. I will keep it in mind should this problem happen again.

I can't believe I am listening to headphones again and enjoying it.

I was wondering the same thing. The ZD is one hell of an amp for what I paid.

Currently there is this on the 'gon. $1650 with some operational problems that I'm sure would be easy to fix. I need to finish a few DIY projects first, but god damn this looks like a good deal. Does that seem like a good price? Gah! Why am I asking? MAKE IT GO AWAY!!!

Should you decide you want to keep the ZD, you may consider replacing those crappy plastic

power connectors with the amphenol military things. There is a size that fits the chassis holes

directly. About $200 in parts plus the labor to rewire everything.

I would have expected that an amp like the Zana would already be using the good amphenol mil-spec (did I really say that?) connectors at that price point. Didn't Mike (absorbine) have that same problem with his at a Chicago meet a few years ago?