InnerFidelity in NY Times ... briefly. :)

Tyll Hertsens

Not sure if I've ever started a thread in here, but I just had to for this:

Headphones With Swagger (and Lots of Bass)

I spoke with Andrew Martin of the Times for about a half hour. He was quite interested in what I had to say, and was well aware of questions like, "If Dre adjusted the EQ in the studio, why would he adjust it again in the headphones?"

I'll save you the digging, here's what he decided to quote from me"

“In terms of sound performance, they are among the worst you can buy,” says Tyll Hertsens, editor in chief of InnerFidelity.com, a site for audiophiles. “They are absolutely, extraordinarily bad.”

I was talking about the Solo.

Lawyers in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ....

Anyways, in the big, bad, no-shit, hard-ball world out there, it feels like a little teeny-tiny blow for good sounding headphones was struck.

And the traffic referrals are insane. :)

Nice. Although they seem to fit the target audience. A quote from the article - “Now it’s part of the culture. You are almost making a fashion statement,” Mr. Jackson said. “Because of the price, it says something about the guy who has it around his neck.”

No headphone sounds good from there. Put it on your damn ears where it belongs!

Oh yeah, perhaps around the neck is the best place for those sorts of 'phones.

Finally- a cloud break! Though I'm not sure if InnerFidelity is a site for audiophiles, more like for people who value an informed opinion.

I think that the best way to break through the "misconceptions" present in the current headphone world are through a seemingly benign site. I would, however, argue that Tyll packs in enough "audiophile" goodness to satisfy even the most hardened skeptic. Is Head-Case a place for audiophiles? It has been quite some time since I have been active.

Edited by Dash

Wow! Quoted in the NY Times! Congrats!

Ok, I've gotta say it - That's dope, man! That's it ... tomorrow I'm wearing my LCD2s around my neck at the gym. And wearing its flat frequency response curve printed on my shirt. And telling anyone who is wearing Beats about the LCD2 transient response and imaging. Word.

:P

Not sure if I've ever started a thread in here, but I just had to for this:

“In terms of sound performance, they are among the worst you can buy,” says Tyll Hertsens, editor in chief of InnerFidelity.com, a site for audiophiles. “They are absolutely, extraordinarily bad.”

Good for you. Clear and to the point. Too bad they couldn't have included more of your substance, including the specific model you were referring to. Thanks for bringing it to my attention, since I'm not a regular reader of that particular rag. cool.png

Edited by Old Pa