What are you Grilling now?

Edwood

Crack & Cheese paired very nicely with Makers Mark.  No left overs.  Difficult to compete with Yak and Alpaca :)

My first ever brisket, a flat.  Good bark, nice smoke ring, bursting with flavor, pulled apart perfectly but was a bit dry.  Most likely the meat.

I haven't grilled since we switched from charcoal to propane.  Back at it with the pellet pooper.  I'm having fun and some success.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, swt61 said:

Sadly, many of my conversations now start exactly like this. :(

I kinda figured you'd have a comment on my comment. 

Hey grillers, a Kroger in my area had the Char Broil Akorn Komado on sale for about two hundred bucks.  They had several, so I think it's worth checking out in your own area, if you have Kroger stores.  It's not a Green Egg, of course, and you probably want to use some high temp silicone sealant or furnace cement around the gaps, but once fixed, that's a damned cheap price for a good grill. 

It was pretty good, but not perfect.  

Oddity #1 - the thicker part of the brisket was the least tender.  Not sure what is going on there.  Possibly just a function of being the flat as opposed to the point.   

Observation #1 - I used too much rub.  Not a problematic amount, but more than needed.  Otherwise the flavor and smoke were very good so at least I got that part right.  Also need to work on my trimming skills.  The fat cap I left was a bit on the thick side as it remained on a majority of the pieces but was easily trimmed.  

• Like 2