2011 HC Holiday Gift Exchange

VPI

BRITAIN IN A BOX!!!1!!

web.jpg?ver=13247008280001

A seemingly endless supply of British Delights from Duggeh! Sophie has made off with the Dip Dab and Alden with some Sherbet Lemons, but mostly the booty is intact. Should I pour some HP sauce on the mince meat pies, or is that for the HobNobs?! Thanks Doug, this is delightful. :)

Checked my mail today and found a notice to pick up a package at the Post Office. So off I go to get this, a package from Birgir.

P1010548.jpg

If you look in the lower left of the box, you can see why Birgir has money for so many toys. To save money, he's off-shoring the production of his bakery products to China. laugh.png

I open the package to find this:

P1010549.jpg

Caramels, cookies and some fruit cake. The baked goods are from Birgir's bakery. The cookies are basically coconut macaroons made into cookies. Very good and not too sweet. The fruit cake looks to be a lot more appetizing than the disaster we call fruit cake here in the US.

Even better, underneath the coconut cookies are more cookies: 000-dancing.gif

P1010550.jpg

These cookies taste like Anise cookies to me. There is a light touch of anise and, again, the cookies are not too sweet. I've already eaten way too many of both kinds of cookies. They are yummy!

There are also 3 CDs of popular Icelandic music of the 70's. The forth CD is spanish jazz guitar music that Antonio sent me.

P1010552.jpg

I'm listening to the 73 hits now. It's very interesting and I am enjoying it a lot. The jazz guitar music is great too.

Thank you very much for such a great gift, Birgir. I still owe you another CD and will get it to you soon.

Also, thank you Antonio for the CD of nice jazz guitar. It is very enjoyable.

Merry Christmas to you both!

Thanks manaox2 for the great beef jerky and music! Nobody in my family knows anything about the 32Gb SD card for my camera (or HM801), so I have to assume that came from you too.

Ha, keep letting your family think those were gifts from me if it helps you get away with it. Glad you liked them Larry. See if you can find the gift code for the Humble Indie Bundle I sent you in your PM. :)