ecp audio

dsavitsk

2 hours ago, TMoney said:

Think you can make me an amp that looks similar? :wub:

As someone who basically gave Doug all creative control with the requirement of the amp being quiet with jh16s, I was more than ecstatic to receive the custom amp Doug built for me. He does good work :) It sounds great but is also pretty to look at. Understated effortless elegance was how Julie described it. I'd agree with her.

Can't go wrong with something from Doug :)

• Like 2

You are all too nice :)

It is about 9.5" x 6.25" x 2.25". Input is USB (using the Amanero USB card) and output is transformer coupled and XLR only (because of the transformers, using XLR to RCA converters does not change or diminish the signal). It uses the Wolfson WM8741 with my output stage which is basically the same circuit as the DSHA. The model is the Walnut v5 DAC.

• Like 1

$2200 + market rate for wood more exotic that what I can get at the local wood store.

Things are available basically whenever - I decided that there was no way to compete with the Schiits of the world and I never really made enough of anything to benefit from economies of scale, so everything is bespoke. Depending upon complexity and how busy things are, that usually means 6 to 8 weeks.

• Like 7