ecp audio

dsavitsk

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 8:28 PM, purk said:

The  prototype T4 sounded amazing during the ATL minimeet.  Has it got even better?

Yes, it's better.  Better output transistors and more powerful transformer mounted off of the PCB (less noise).  Also, the tubes we had at ATL were a miss--match with the amp configuration at the time.  I think it sounds very, very close to the T5 from the year before: maybe a tad less soundstage, but better tonality, deeper bass with the same microdetail up top.  At the same time, Doug's design with the PCB and packaging - especially the thermal bar - means the entire amplifier is much more robust than the T3.

This is the guts of the production version:

T4-PCB-1.jpg

• Like 8

• 4 months later...

There has been some renewed interest in the DSHA3F (which is our Focal optimized amplifier) of late. In order to keep the manufacturing process as smooth as possible, I am accepting orders for this amplifier for a small batch run for the next 2 weeks or so. I expect these amplifiers to be delivered around late March (with any orders after this batch not being ready until June or so.)

Price is $2800, and orders require a 50% nonrefundable down payment.

dsha3f_small.jpg.f98f5447fd3eb703333f1eb455558329.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, skullguise said:

As a DSHA3F owner, I can say with general reservedness that I'm fucking ecstatic with mine!  For both the Utopia and the Clear, I have heard no better amp.

I know that the 3F is made for Focal, but how does the Senn HD800 do on it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2019 at 12:07 PM, dsavitsk said:

There has been some renewed interest in the DSHA3F (which is our Focal optimized amplifier) of late. In order to keep the manufacturing process as smooth as possible, I am accepting orders for this amplifier for a small batch run for the next 2 weeks or so. I expect these amplifiers to be delivered around late March (with any orders after this batch not being ready until June or so.)

Last call on this batch.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/28/2019 at 12:07 PM, dsavitsk said:

The order period for the third batch of the Ravenswood/DSHA3F is closing June 8th. Delivery is expected in late August.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, recstar24 said:

Cough recstar24 custom phono stage first cough

Don't worry, you're second in line

On 2/8/2019 at 7:37 PM, dsavitsk said:

Well, sort of true. Yours is second in line, but it is definitely in line ahead of the new orders.

See? Just because Bryan retroactively ordered this years ago, in expectation of the need for a Focal rig, and is first in line, doesn't mean you've lost your place in line!

• Haha 1