ecp audio

dsavitsk

On 4/10/2016 at 8:11 AM, n_maher said:

<goes off to find details....>

The biggest is the discovery that we can shoehorn in the Mundorf EVO caps for the parafeed caps:

http://diyforums.org/Torpedo-III/TorpedoIII-tweaks3.php

Then there's also a new tube CCS, which several have installed with good results.  I should be offering it as an option/side kit soon when the boards come in.  There is an output CCS in the works, but Doug's 2nd attempt apparently blew up on him this evening, so the jury's out on that one, yet.  Maybe it was the flux capacitor. ;)

Edited by TomB
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, TMoney said:

Your admiring public wants to know about the amps you showed yesterday!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes, from what many people told me there, his Copenhagen tube and sand amps were the absolute hit of the event.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TomB said:

Yes, from what many people told me there, his Copenhagen tube and sand amps were the absolute hit of the event.

It did for me.  My DSHA-0 maybe in trouble soon.  Doug...thank you for coming down and really showing off some of your best creations.  I can't wait until I can get an in-home audition with the Copenhagen amps as well as DSHA-2.  Tom, thanks for convincing Doug to come down here.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I brought Doug's ECP DSHA-2 production & prototype units to a recent mini-meet in Atlanta.  Many people were totally super impressed by the sound.  I also lend these two amps to couple of my headphile friends and they totally loved them too.  

IMO, the DSHA-2 does really well with lower & higher impedance phones including my HEK.  The DSHA-2 is more or less at the SuSy Dynahi level but it is slightly ahead when paired with lower impedance phones, but the Dynahi is better at driving the  HEK.  Quite a performance coming from a desktop friendly amp really!  Very well done by Doug.  Super impressed with the DSHA-2.  The 3-D sense of soundstage & imaging couple with dead neutral tonality make this an absolute buy for someone with 2.2k budget to spend on an  headphone amp.

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

Edited by purk
  • Like 6

I may go for the the prototype unit and get a power supply upgrade.  However, these two are not better than my DSHA-0 that I have.  It is better in the depth of sound field department but the DSHA-0 is better in term of sense of power and the bass.  So I *might* shoot for a Copenhagen V or something like that.

5 hours ago, TMoney said:

Yeah, based on your post above the Copenhagen might be a better fit for your tastes.

Probably.  The Copenhagen V was quite a jump in performance from the DSHA2 when I heard it at the Canlanta Meet but it is nearly double the price.  The current production model is quite a bit smaller compared to the L2.  I will post picture of the two side by side for comparison.  The prototype DSHA-2 uses the same chassis as the Black Diamond I think.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...