SF Bay Area LCD-3 Tour

purrin

Whitney's got my LCD3s right now and they are slated to go to Christian next week. I put Frank on the list because I know he is interested (he hasn't gotten back to me).

Let me know if anyone in the Bay Area wants to borrow them for a week. Maybe a couple more slots - I'm not itching to get them back soon or anything. I would prefer that they be picked-up or dropped-off rather than mailed. I figure this would be a good way for folks to hear the most perfect headphones evar!

SF Bay Area

1. Rhythmdevils
  2. CEETEE
  3. blessingx?
  4. NekoAudio (to 12/17)
  5. Particleman (to 12/24)
  6. Horio (to 12/31)
  7. Bob to (to 1/7)
  8. =====DONE======

SoCal

1. 909 (to 1/14)
  2. n3rdling (to 1/21)
  3. =====DONE======

Heading back north a little bit... (late-January)

1. FrankCooter (until Bay Area meet)
Edited by purrin

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay...tonight I was going to give them back after just a few days (did not like them).

Then, rhythmdevils rolled some different damping materials into the phones.

Nothing worked...until the TP. Actually cleaned up some bass to mid-mids congestion.

Still not tons of air but nice, I will borrow them back for a couple days (Thurs night-Sat day) to confirm.

Much better. Bravo! I recommend just borrowing them with the TP.

Purrin....I'd love to take a listen to them if I'm not too late. I'm in Pacifica.

Thanks,

Bob

You guys are all in. Just make you can pick up and drop off from Whitney. I think Neko and Particleman are both in the South Bay? LOL, I'm not exactly keeping strict track of it. Let me check with Whitney and CEETEE to see where it goes next.

Edited by purrin

CEETEE did you ever decide on what headphone you're going to build a rig around?

Hi there! While there is a local O2 mk II rig that is really shaping up (compared LCD3 to it tonight), I am going the HD800 route for now.

Listened to the HD800 from Peak/Volcano on a few occasions, also with Eddie Current amps, and with my own DAC and music. So, I'm comfortable that I am going to get some really great sound out of them.

But, I have now spent enough time with STAX that I do appreciate their sound and presentation too. (Took me a bit to get "used" to them.)

Think that they need other great components to shine, however...and trying to get my rig in (utilizing Super 7 pre-order price) with around 4K.