Red Wine Audio

monsieurguzel

Yep, according to 6 moons, T amps. On batteries.

The batteries are great for high current peaks, but

are definitely not as quiet as a good quality regulated

power supply.

At least the stuff is built better than the rudistor crap, but

definitely way overpriced.

I've looked into this a bit more, and much of what is inside

is actually built by someone else. Both attenuators

used are from bentaudio, i recognize the single tube

input board, and the T amp board also seems to

be one of the standard vendors selling those boards

for about $25.

Looks like the only thing they actually make is the headphone

only output which is one of the national semiconductor

lower power gain clone style chips.

Edited by kevin gilmore

Luckily I ran into Ken of RWA on the shuttle to the hotel at CanJam 09 and he seemed like a real dick so I never had to worry about buying their products.

The first time I listened to the LCD-2 was on one of the RWA amps at CJ10 and I was pretty underwhelmed. In fact, I told people I was very unimpressed with the LCD-2. Luckily I was able to listen to them on the WA6SE later in the day.

It was in my case. I bought one before I knew any better. I'm still trying to unload the thing. It's been an expensive lesson, but one I'm not going to repeat any time soon.

Did you actually sell yours? I've been trying not to say anything bad about it on HF until you sold it...

Luckily I ran into Ken of RWA on the shuttle to the hotel at CanJam 09 and he seemed like a real dick so I never had to worry about buying their products.

The first time I listened to the LCD-2 was on one of the RWA amps at CJ10 and I was pretty underwhelmed. In fact, I told people I was very unimpressed with the LCD-2. Luckily I was able to listen to them on the WA6SE later in the day.

Yeah, I had the same experience with the LCD-2 listening to them at the ALO stand at Canjam too. Sounded much better on the WA6 SE. Funny thing is that on HF everybody was saying how the LCD2+Alo amp were such a magical combo, which was total BS to me.

Yes, Ken Ball is ALO, but he was doing some stuff with RWA in the past. Vinny Rossi of RWA is really good people and great fun at meets and audio shows. Other than my iMod, which I have used for years quite happily, I have never been too impressed with his stuff. I don't begrudge him, however, because it sounds decent and is accessible to non-audiophile types and he has done pretty well.

FTFY

Did not know what FTFY meant so I googled it! evil.gif

Originally means "fixed that for you." It also works as a double meaning for "fuck this fuck you." It's only used in that derivative in closed circles to confuse those that aren't in "the know" and is usually used in cases when two parties argue over something innately idiotic that has no logical outcome.

Edited by mrarroyo

I tried the Isebellina HPA in Tokyo with a pair of HD-800s. It didn't sound that special to me. I actually thought the RX-B/CLAS rig and the Continental with the LCD-3s were more impressive, but that partly could have been because I had lower expectations. For both ALO and RWA I sometimes hit their sites and think It'd be nice to have a TOTL travel rig or a battery powered integrated amp, but I can't bring myself to spend that much on either.

In the past year I've given up trying to pimp out my iPod with fancy dacs/amps...it's just too much of a hassle in terms of portability, battery life, managing songs, and just plain looking stupid.

I've switched over to just plugging my ESW10s into my iPhone and listening to Mog. Unlimited music @ 320kbps keeps me happy and I actually listen to a lot more artists/albums then I would otherwise.