iMod still relevant?

stvgray

Somehow I never heard about the Red Wine iMod until just this week.

I'm wondering if this is still considered a first-rate upgrade. If not, is there another iPod mod that's better?

I use a 4G iPod, Apple Lossless files, RSA Hornet, Westone 4s and Sennheiser HD650s. And, as of this week, my Westone ES5s are on order.

Should I get my iPod iModded?

if you're serious, the answer is, it's great. if what you're looking for is an upgrade to your ipod, without more, i'd say go for it, though the mod is probably better for the 5.5g than the 4g. before everyone here goes ballistic, based on some serious discussions with some long-time head-casers with major cred agree with this. vinnie is a cool guy to boot, and all his gear sounds great (see the comments to the latest ny meet, for example).

precisely. as you know, vinnie is a regular at the ny meets, is very generous, and overall, one very cool dude who does great work and actually gives a damn about his customers - both the high rollers and those who buy his cheaper stuff. for someone who isn't skilled at soldering and modding, a person could do a lot worse than getting an imod - used or new.