New stylus or new cartridge?

Shall I order a new stylus for my Audio Technica 160ML or save up for a complete cartridge.  

1. 1. Shall I order a new stylus for my Audio Technica 160ML or save up for a complete cartridge.

• Just stick with the stylus, your cartridge is good enough.
    • New cartridge, most anything with a replaceable stylus is going to suck.

Well I'm not anywhere near the point that I *really* need to be making a decision but I have a source for the stylus and have thought about ordering a few to hold me for quite a while. http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=LG&Product_Code=ATSAT0160ML

But, I'm still not sure. The cartridge itself is kind of old and the metal around the top is a little corroded. It sounds GREAT though and this is why I haven't wanted to ditch it. Getting a replacement for $80ish is way better than a new cartridge every time.

My table is a Denon DP-59L, their top of the line direct drive from 1984. The tonearm isn't super special but I don't have a single complaint about the sound. Phono stage is a Channel Islands VPP--1.

So if it really is best for me to go with a full cartridge, start giving me some recommendations on the affordable side.

Does a replaceable stylus actually wear out quicker than a full cart?

Almost all moving magnet cartridges have replaceable stylii. Dirt on the LPs and poor setup are much more responsible for stylus wear than whether or not a stylus is replaceable. Moving coil cartridges are a different story, and retipping usually involves a trip back to the factory, or complete replacement. Good moving coil cartridges start at way above the cost of your cartridge, and just keep going up.

I'm a firm believer in not fixing something that ain't broke. If you like the sound of your cartridge, replace the stylus and don't look back.