Andre Agassi ''Open''

Genetic

I've only read the excerpt which appeared in Tennis magazine a few issues back (or was it SI, can't quite remember), man, it must've sucked being Andre as a kid. I thought I had it pretty bad with way my dad was pushing me in tennis when I was young, christ, it does not even compare to what he went through, I probably would've jumped off a bridge. Best part of the excerpt, Andre and Steffi's dads almost getting into a fist fight over what a proper backhand is, fucking hilarious.

(...) Best part of the excerpt, Andre and Steffi's dads almost getting into a fist fight over what a proper backhand is, fucking hilarious.

You're so right.

For us, the ones with parents who liked a bit too much tennis, reading this is almost painful.

But there's so many aspects I liked about this book:

The relation with his father (the tennis ''super fan'') and his long-time trainer Gil Reyes are the main ingredients. Quite frankly it's nothing short of fascinating.

Finally, I understand much more why he's so passionate about his educational project.

Amicalement

PS

I read something about Martina Navratilova's super negative reaction to the book drug confession. What a truly and definitive bitch.