August 25, 201016 yr comment_382510 Hi everyone- Simple question before I cram this drive in my Drobo: can I put a drive in there that already has stuff on it, or should I only insert blank drives? I tried and tried to google this info up but no dice. Just want to make sure before I proceed. By my calculation there should be plenty of space left for protection after I insert the drive. Report
August 25, 201016 yr comment_382511 Not sure what model you have, but the manual for the Drobo FS states: Warning! Please note that when adding hard drives to your Drobo storage device, any pre-existing data on those drives will be erased. So I'm going to guess that you should only insert blank drives or drives with stuff that you don't mind getting blanked. Report
August 25, 201016 yr Author comment_382515 Not sure what model you have, but the manual for the Drobo FS states: So I'm going to guess that you should only insert blank drives or drives with stuff that you don't mind getting blanked. looks like i should have RTFM. thanks nebby! Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.