I am not sure if this is right sub section for this and this is my first post a head case My requirement is following:
I need to be able to share my music with my gf. So, the main question here is, can I use a y splitter with any amplifier. Lets say with a pico?
Or do I need to go only for units with 2 headphone outs.
I need a single unit as my UAB DAC/Headphone amp for convenience of moving it around. I am ready to shell out around $1k for the unit apart from headphones. My choices with 2 headphone outs:
1. Meier Audio Opera/ Symphony - Symphony is really costly and for Opera I am getting only the 0,120 ohm versions. Shouldn't I need both h/p outs as 0 ohms
2. Benchmark Dac1 - Might be clinical and sterile for my tastes?
3. Headroom Desktop / Desktop Portable - Seems good
4. Audiotrak Dr. Dac2 - Its not in the same league as others?
5. Musical Fidelity X Can V8 - Dac is very ordinary?
I would love it if people say I can use a y splitter with Pico.
Also, headphone would mostly be a Denon AH D2000. I am not so inclined to go for 2 Denon's. But, if its bad to use a 2 different headphone models, then I will go for 2 Denons.
I am based out of India and have no chance to listen to any of these unfortunately.
I really appreciate your help here.