Speaker gasket question

aardvark baguette

(large pic)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1168044/headphone%20rig%202014/Stands-10-30-14-2.png

This morning I noticed a loose section of the gasket on my speaker.  Where the jigsaw parts meet.

I very lightly pressed it back on to the sticky backing, but am not sure if the back is something fragile or not.

Anyone know how big a deal this is?  

Its that crappy music you kids listen to.... I actually had someone tell me that. 

I assume you mean the bit at the ~2o'clock position - I would not worry. That piece is only there to allow the MFR to "reverse mount" the speaker for certain applications. See image below.  

Any chance something brushed up against the speaker and moved that? I would be more worried about making sure it does not happen again for fear of what it could do to exposed tweeters. 

isobaric_sub.JPG

Edited by nikongod
  • Like 1

we were pretty careful, but its possible.  

i tend to get nervous even approaching the area in general.  

I try to impart that to my family but my dad's response to this was to charge at one of the speakers yesterday holding a rack shelf with the spikes pointed towards the speaker....just to mess with me.  I almost died.

(we were putting everything back in place)

Edited by aardvark baguette

we were pretty careful, but its possible.  

i tend to get nervous even approaching the area in general.  

I try to impart that to my family but my dad's response to this was to charge at one of the speakers yesterday holding a rack shelf with the spikes pointed towards the speaker....just to mess with me.  I almost died.

(we were putting everything back in place)

LOL dad sounds awesome.

• Like 1