Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

nikongod

High Rollers
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by nikongod

  1. I'd give them high praise if they used a more relevant leaf for the background of their PCB photos. They also missed an opportunity to use 420(unit) parts in every possible location. A 420pf cap could even be pronounced as "puffs". This makes me sad. I strongly dislike how they/you used the transformer hold-down bolt for your IEC ground. It can create a shorted turn in the wrong conditions. Give it its own screw, or use one of the screws to hold the IEC socket in. What is with the heatsinks in your last photo? Discrete opamp?
  2. nikongod replied to stax fart's topic in Speakers
    https://oswaldsmillaudio.com/schroder_model_2 For another magnetic (ish) tonearm I often wonder if the simplicity and negligible bearing friction of string or unipivot tonearms compared to more complicated gimbals is worth more than their tendency to wobble about any direction they feel like doing.
  3. You should still be able to update to bookworm and then Trixie. But how did you even get such an old ISO? That being said, if you have an amd64 computer, just use Debian.
  4. Happy Birthday!
  5. I spy a honda fit. The d200 can do no wrong* *As long as EV>10
  6. I guess We'll never know.
  7. I always dreamed of getting a Canon F1 when I had FD lenses. I found the AE1(p) super frustrating to shoot manually because of their meter displays. No idea if the price is good though.
  8. nikongod replied to Hopstretch's topic in Speakers
    In the cat's defense, there was no more practical way to get on top of the speaker.
  9. I'd be very interested to hear how you like the books. I imagine I'd like them a great deal. I could not get past glacially slow pacing of the show.
  10. Not sure if this is what you need: https://www.superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/blast-from-the-past-moth-cicada-speakers.2011/ Matches the specs on the internet archive of the moth audio website.
  11. Happy Birthday!!
  12. Happy Birthday!!
  13. Happy Birthday!!
  14. Happy Birthday!!
  15. Happy Birthday!!
  16. nikongod replied to swt61's topic in Off Topic
    Happy New year!
  17. Squid game 2. Also, the previous post was 666'th in this thread.
  18. Happy Birthday!!
  19. Happy Birthday!
  20. I've been listening to the audiobooks of the hobbit & LOTR on my commute
  21. Happy Birthday!!
  22. 2yr late to the party, but have you tried just putting some small transformers on the output of the DAC?
  23. Thank you everyone!
  24. It is with improved feelings that I again type about my Caran D'ache 849 pen. To start, after about 3 years of regular use the Goliath refill did acquire an increased measure of smoothness and "flow." Its still not as smooth as a Fischer, but its also been the only pen I have really used for close to 5 years (Maybe 4.5yr if you count experiments with other cartridges.) Last night while out to dinner and doodling mindlessly on the place-mat they gave me because they know I'm basically a large child, the pen stopped working. This has happened a few times over the past years, and my short lived joy at getting to FINALLY use a Fischer refill in the pen was quickly silenced by my memory of the other times the pen has died and promptly come back to life. The pen came back to life approximately 6" of scribbles after pooping out. The finish on the pen is not really any worse off than it was 4 years ago, aside from ALL of the paint being chipped off of the very tip of the pen-hole, due to being dropped... Despite this embarrassingly regular abuse the pen-hole is still quite circular and the pen opens and closes as smoothly as one would expect from a sub $20 pen. The finish on the rest of the pen has a few superficial scratches but doesn't show bare metal anywhere but the tip. The pocket clip has seen regular use for the past 4+ years holding the pen securely in my man-satchels and shirt pockets, because I often wear button down shirts like an adult now. The "Swiss made" paint (between the clip and clicker) has faded slightly, but the "Caran D'ache 849" text (UNDER the beautifully sculpted pocket-clip) shows no wear. To be fair I often rub the pen between the clip and clicker as an idle habit which probably didn't help the "Swiss Made" text.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.