Jane Eyre

hungrych

Has anyone ever had to read this pile of shit? I had to write 10 "journal entries" on it today, it took me 4 hours just because the thing is so damn boring. I can't read more than 15 pages at once without having to stop. I want to jump in front of a moving truck after reading it. I asked my mom, who loves to read, if she had read it, and all she could say was "I hate that fucking book". And I found a 10 line runon sentence. Aren't there more important things to teach in school?

Book description on Amazon:

An orphan girl's progress from custody of cruel relatives to an oppressive boarding school culminates in a troubled career as a governess. Jane's first assignment at Thornfield, where the proud and cynical master harbors a scandalous secret, draws readers ever deeper into a compelling exploration of the mysteries of the human heart.

I don't know man, it has two things I always look for in a great book: a troubling governess career and a scandalous secret.