November 11, 200718 yr comment_63427 I was looking into purchasing a new Graphics Card for my Computer. I bought a new monitor (Vizio VX32L - 32" LCD HDTV) and I would like to upgrade the graphics card now.. Any ideas on any products that are out now? Report
November 11, 200718 yr comment_63431 Most graphics cards have DVI output. However, it is directly compatible with HDMI, so all you need is an adapter or an HDMI/DVI cable, both of which are easily avaliable. The new 8800GT is the best bang for the buck graphics card out there for gaming right now. Some people have reported that it runs hotter/louder than its' more expensive brethren the GTS and GTX due to a single-slot style cooler. Of course an aftermarket cooler would remedy both problems. If gaming isn't as important, I'd get a passively cooled 8600GT, which still gives you the benefit of great HD decoding capability, but with less heat/noise. This one from Gigabyte is very nice (based on my own experience): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125070&Tpk=gigabyte%2b8600gt Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.