help me pick a tv tuner device

mjg

Hey,

I sort of got donated a hp pavillion flat panel (actually I had to buy the AC adapter, but still not bad).

I want to use this as a tv in my bedroom @ parents house... I rather use it as a dedicated TV since I already have another 2 flat panels on my machine...

I've been trying to research these units and can't find any real info/reviews. I got some decent info on this viewsonic unit

http://cgi.ebay.com/Viewsonic-NextVision-N5-TV-Tuner-FOR-ANY-LCD-MONITOR_W0QQitemZ8814322618QQcategoryZ99228QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anyone familiar with this viewsonic nextvision n5, or n4 ?? Or units similar in functionality??? I rather not flip a 100 bux for one of these if i don't need to. Any suggestions?

no, that has nothign to do with this device (or devices like it).

If your monitor has power saving featuers like auto hibernate then i guess that could work. I plan on keeping it on my desk at arms distance.

they have lcd monitors now with tuners built in... i'm sure they come with remotes.

For all of the efforot in investing in this (i learned alot more from the lik-sang forum they have on vga adapters) it seems it just aint worth it.... for decent quality you need to buy a device called a scalar which costs like a minimum of $300. No thanks heh.