May 31, 200917 yr comment_239404 I have this in my system now for about two days. Inside pictures later when I can figure out how to open it up and get my camera back. It is stock, not modded by John Wright. I've been comparing it with my also Parasound DAC1100 (using Squeezebox 3 as digital transport). The Bitstream is definitely on the same level as the 1100. The Bitstream has more presence in the upper mids which opens up the Omega 2 a bit. The high freq extension is also exceptional on the Bitstream. I will run some test tones later, but right now nothing is missing from the highs. Bass might also have a bit more oomph, but this is too close to tell at this point. Both the Parasound and Museatex are exceptional digital, not just at their respective price points. Report
June 1, 200917 yr comment_239698 What version of the DAC do you have? Canadian old production or newer USA made DAC? Report
June 1, 200917 yr Author comment_239700 What version of the DAC do you have? Canadian old production or newer USA made DAC? Canehdian Report
June 1, 200917 yr comment_239702 Canehdian Cool. I like my Bitstream a lot, it has exceptionally nice soundstage presentation and very analog sound to it. Modding it in my opinion makes it sound harsher and less analog, a bad thing in my book. I have a newer USA version, I think one of the late serial numbers. Report
June 1, 200917 yr Author comment_239704 Cool. I like my Bitstream a lot, it has exceptionally nice soundstage presentation and very analog sound to it. Modding it in my opinion makes it sound harsher and less analog, a bad thing in my book. I have a newer USA version, I think one of the late serial numbers. It's a nice source. Not attention grabbing like other digital sources I've owned. I'll have to try it in my friend's speaker system to see if I can garner any more insights on the soundstage and imaging. Report
June 1, 200917 yr comment_239715 It's a nice source. Not attention grabbing like other digital sources I've owned. I'll have to try it in my friend's speaker system to see if I can garner any more insights on the soundstage and imaging. It is not a "wow" DAC, but it does a lot of stuff right and almost nothing wrong and for the money even at current prices is very good (I paid way below market price for my). Check it out with good tube amp and nice transport. Great dynamics (micro and macro) and accurate layer soundstage. You will hear this with O2 as well. To get something better I guess you will need to spend $1500+ if you buy new stuff IMHO, or DIY. I still prefer my tube DAC as I can fine tune the signature with tube rolling and it has even better detail retrieval and perfect tone. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.