Museatex Bitstream

deepak

I have this in my system now for about two days. Inside pictures later when I can figure out how to open it up and get my camera back. It is stock, not modded by John Wright.

I've been comparing it with my also Parasound DAC1100 (using Squeezebox 3 as digital transport).

The Bitstream is definitely on the same level as the 1100. The Bitstream has more presence in the upper mids which opens up the Omega 2 a bit. The high freq extension is also exceptional on the Bitstream. I will run some test tones later, but right now nothing is missing from the highs. Bass might also have a bit more oomph, but this is too close to tell at this point. Both the Parasound and Museatex are exceptional digital, not just at their respective price points.

Canehdian

Cool. I like my Bitstream a lot, it has exceptionally nice soundstage presentation and very analog sound to it. Modding it in my opinion makes it sound harsher and less analog, a bad thing in my book. I have a newer USA version, I think one of the late serial numbers.

Cool. I like my Bitstream a lot, it has exceptionally nice soundstage presentation and very analog sound to it. Modding it in my opinion makes it sound harsher and less analog, a bad thing in my book. I have a newer USA version, I think one of the late serial numbers.

It's a nice source. Not attention grabbing like other digital sources I've owned. I'll have to try it in my friend's speaker system to see if I can garner any more insights on the soundstage and imaging.

It's a nice source. Not attention grabbing like other digital sources I've owned. I'll have to try it in my friend's speaker system to see if I can garner any more insights on the soundstage and imaging.

It is not a "wow" DAC, but it does a lot of stuff right and almost nothing wrong and for the money even at current prices is very good (I paid way below market price for my).

Check it out with good tube amp and nice transport. Great dynamics (micro and macro) and accurate layer soundstage. You will hear this with O2 as well. To get something better I guess you will need to spend $1500+ if you buy new stuff IMHO, or DIY.

I still prefer my tube DAC as I can fine tune the signature with tube rolling and it has even better detail retrieval and perfect tone. :cool: