Pioneer BDP-09FD

M3NTAL

Hi M3NTAL,

The Pioneer is ''IN MY BOOKS'' up there with the likes of Denon DVD-A1UD, although Denons reference player plays all formats, whilst Pioneer focusses on DVD(upscaling.) Blu-Ray and CD, which is totally fine with myself as I have a SACD & DVD audio reference players already.

I am waiting to purchase one of the Pioneer LX91(UK model equivalent.) or possibly import the 09 from the US through a trusted dealer here.

I am what you would call a loyal Pioneer man, sure I have mardwre from other manufacturers, but when it comes to Laserdisc, dvd and Blu-Ray players Pioneer can be trusted to produce the goods.

The player is built to last and will sound great with regular CD's especially with those Wolfson dacs on board.

Keep in touch and let me know what you decide?

Sincere Regards

:D:)

Pioneer have a solid reputation for producing the goods when it comes to their high end equipment.

I remember when I first entered the AV pastime in April of 1998, reading reviews of their Laserdisc Players in particular:

1) Pioneer Elite CLD-97 was tested against mcintosh laserdisc player MLD 7020 of which cost approx $2000 more than the pioneer, but guess what? the main guts of the mcintosh was the CLD-97's

2) PIoneer Elite Laserdisc inner transport was also used for the Theta Laserdisc player which cost approx $3000 more than the Pioneer equivalent.

On both occasions the test revealed that the more expensive player only just beat the Pioneers, but you would never have noticed the difference.

Also Pioneer DVD ect transport guts are used in players from Lexicon.

The bottom line is that PIoneer are trusted throughout the industry for their build quality.

Also another thing to note! is that Pioneer Japan had HiDef Muse LD movie disc's(and players) that were 1125 lines resolution from 1995 onwards and were going to take the Laserdisc format to the next level.

Market forces prevented them from this..........when the movie industry eventually fully backed DVD.

Pioneer have a long history for producing ground breakthroughs

:o:o:D

I was lurking around AVS a bit and I saw several folks doing shootouts and comparisions. Basically the consensus that I got from it was: Pioneer 09 and that Denon Super tank are amazing but the Denon A1UD arguably did not have much going over the Pioneer in any department to justify the rather steep price difference.

Obviously if you're rolling in the big dough, sure, buy the Denon.

If I weren't so happy with my Oppo BDP-83, I probably would have saved up and bought an 09 myself to go with my Pro111FD plasma. :)

Hi A.Thorsen,

I have also read a similar comparison on the AV forums.

That's why with my personal experiences with Pioneer, I know that they are dependable to produce the goods.

The Denon A1UD player is a 1 = plays all aproach which is fine, but for those of us who have separate reference players the Pioneer is a perfect choice for Blu-Ray and CD....(well perfect for myself anyway:).)

Your above statment is a little sweeping, but I know where your coming from and understand.

To be honest a number of us enthusiast, who have regular incomes purchase these players as well, my personal example is the following;

I have been purchasing a Lexicon mc12b & lx7 amp of which has taken 4+ yrs now and hopfully this will be completed by late November.

These items have been kept in the shop all of this time, and will have full upgrades and the Pioneer lx91 (US version is the 09.)

The player is being added because I complained....a long story, I don't mind waiting for things in life.....not to mention the fact that I truly appreciate this far greater.

Enjoyed your reply

Sincere Regards :D:)

Hi A.Thorsen,

I have also read a similar comparison on the AV forums.

That's why with my personal experiences with Pioneer, I know that they are dependable to produce the goods.

The Denon A1UD player is a 1 = plays all aproach which is fine, but for those of us who have separate reference players the Pioneer is a perfect choice for Blu-Ray and CD....(well perfect for myself anyway:).)

Your above statment is a little sweeping, but I know where your coming from and understand.

To be honest a number of us enthusiast, who have regular incomes purchase these players as well, my personal example is the following;

I have been purchasing a Lexicon mc12b & lx7 amp of which has taken 4+ yrs now and hopfully this will be completed by late November.

These items have been kept in the shop all of this time, and will have full upgrades and the Pioneer lx91 (US version is the 09.)

The player is being added because I complained....a long story, I don't mind waiting for things in life.....not to mention the fact that I truly appreciate this far greater.

Enjoyed your reply

Sincere Regards :D:)

You definitely have great taste in equipment, that's for sure. Enjoy! :)

Just a regular Guy Thorsen:)

I work many hours in order to purchase all that I have, and am sure you are the same.

It's taken myself 11 1/2yrs so far and I still don't have my equipment setup correctly, for reasons such as I moved into my first home 16months ago and have been very busy turning this into a warm and cozy environment for myself to come home to.

It all takes time, as I am sure you can relate to here, my support stands have to be made to order and will not be able to start work on this before Jan-2010.

The cabinet maker is expanding the carpenters workshop and will hopfully be finished by the end of October, He has explained and reassured me that he will contact me when he's ready to proceed.

I had a very tough time before I moved into my first home.....a long story!, and have learned to be very patient and to work within my means.

Thank you thou for your kind words.

Kindest Regards

Hey Thorsen,

How are your HD800's? I have yet to spend good quality time with mine, but August & September are very busy months.....

I'm the guy who works all the overtime that nobody else wants, which is fine for me and all of my work colleagues are good friends.....we have all known each other for many years.

I'm off Today so will get some quality time listening to them after the chores are done..

Just a regular Guy Thorsen:)

I work many hours in order to purchase all that I have, and am sure you are the same.

It's taken myself 11 1/2yrs so far and I still don't have my equipment setup correctly, for reasons such as I moved into my first home 16months ago and have been very busy turning this into a warm and cozy environment for myself to come home to.

It all takes time, as I am sure you can relate to here, my support stands have to be made to order and will not be able to start work on this before Jan-2010.

The cabinet maker is expanding the carpenters workshop and will hopfully be finished by the end of October, He has explained and reassured me that he will contact me when he's ready to proceed.

I had a very tough time before I moved into my first home.....a long story!, and have learned to be very patient and to work within my means.

Thank you thou for your kind words.

Kindest Regards

Sounds great. :)

Hey Thorsen,

How are your HD800's? I have yet to spend good quality time with mine, but August & September are very busy months.....

I'm the guy who works all the overtime that nobody else wants, which is fine for me and all of my work colleagues are good friends.....we have all known each other for many years.

I'm off Today so will get some quality time listening to them after the chores are done..

I love my 800s. I was in the first batch of preorders. I was coming off of recabled AKG 701s which I thought were pretty good but I can tell you that I could never go back to those now. :)

I know what you mean,

But I wouldn't get rid of my other headphones, as they are good enough.

The HD800's have the ability of revealing subtle sounds and the advantage and the advantage of the larger earcups makes them more comfortable ect.....

I just need to work on purchasing a headphone Amp now, which will be a few weeks, or possibly months yet.

Good hearing from you Thorsen:)