Brennan JB-7

Eric5676

I did a search for Brennan here and both hits were well into necro territory so here goes:

I'd never heard of them before (which doesn't mean much, as usual) but saw an ad for them in the WSJ today that got my attention.

http://www.brennan.co.uk/itemlist.php/clasrefr/units

They sell through Amazon and it's a Fulfiment by Amazon setup which is nice.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_electronics?_encoding=UTF8&node=172282&field-brandtextbin=Brennan

What do you all think? What's the story on these folks? Anyone try out any of their products?

Edited by Eric5676

I keep seeing ads for their products in the British high-fi magazines (...Choice and ...News), and for some reason thought they were exclusively a that-side-of-the-pond thing. Didn't realize I had access to them, have been intrigued, may give them a try. But I think most of us are computer based at this point, meaning we use whatever computer is available to us, so all's we needs is/are DACses. And possibly the routing things whatever they're called...Squeezebox, Transporter, etc.

I keep seeing ads for their products in the British high-fi magazines (...Choice and ...News), and for some reason thought they were exclusively a that-side-of-the-pond thing. Didn't realize I had access to them, have been intrigued, may give them a try. But I think most of us are computer based at this point, meaning we use whatever computer is available to us, so all's we needs is/are DACses. And possibly the routing things whatever they're called...Squeezebox, Transporter, etc.

Best I can determine: Solid company, nice products. This doesn't seem to have a digital audio out to send to an external DAC so that would reduce my interest in it considerably.

I'm still mostly disc based but I do have some music on the computer and it all goes to my Wyred 4 Sound DAC-2 which I'm still really thrilled with.

It's a shame those Olive products are so expensive because something like that would be ideal for me. If the 3HD had a digital out I'd probably consider buying it. The 4 and 6 are just simply too expensive for me to justify.

So that's where something like this suddenly caught my eye. Ah well. I'll figure this out eventually.