Hitman Absolution 2012

Eric5676

www.hitman.com

http://www.vg247.com...man-absolution/

Q&A with the developers.

^^ Watch this gameplay footage. This is a generous and lengthy video.

I think they're headed on the right track so far. I see some shades of Splinter Cell Conviction which is an underrated and overlooked gem IMO and I also see a little dash of Deus Ex: Human Revolution in addition to the obvious Batman like radar capability which I hope doesn't make the game too easy.

Overall, I still see things that definitely reassure me that this is a Hitman game.

I'm not happy about composer Jesper Kyd not returning but apparently that was due to a scheduling conflict as Jesper is committed to the Assassin's Creed series, another favorite series of mine. Revelations is out in November btw!

I love the Hitman games. I've replayed them all a sinful amount of times.

I saw this reaction from someone after they'd watched that video and so far I'd have to concur:

So, basically... they took Hitman, added a layer of Arkham Asylum, and then added more Leon/The Professional to round out the experience?

My wallet is dry-humping the screen where my Steam icon is like a cat in heat.

He's referring to the PC version which is what I'll get but regardless of platform if that billing really holds and the promise I see in that video holds I think a lot of people including myself will feel that way. smile.png

Too much on rails. Also hitmanvision seems a terrible addition, previously on easy you had a map with all the characters, but you had to figure out the patrol routes yourself. Too much unjustified and unnecessary death, the point blank shot takedown seems stupid if you are about take someones clothes.

I hope that this was a training level of some sort- that should explain the linearity. All that is left to clean up is the retarded unhitman logics of gameplay. Otherwise it'll be Batman meets Conviction.

Too much on rails. Also hitmanvision seems a terrible addition, previously on easy you had a map with all the characters, but you had to figure out the patrol routes yourself. Too much unjustified and unnecessary death, the point blank shot takedown seems stupid if you are about take someones clothes.

I hope that this was a training level of some sort- that should explain the linearity. All that is left to clean up is the retarded unhitman logics of gameplay. Otherwise it'll be Batman meets Conviction.

You've expressed some of the concerns I had watching that video. I like what I see but in the back of my mind I was thinking things like: "Gosh, I wonder how much choice and how many different ways I can handle that scenario?"

The Hitman vision, like the Batman one, is something that the user can avoid using although I find that's easier said than done. I used it far too much in Arkham Asylum and it was almost like having an outright cheat.

I'm not sure how far into the future this game is from release but I'm hoping that these devs are true to their word like in that QA session. Make sure Hitman is actually Hitman!

You've expressed some of the concerns I had watching that video. I like what I see but in the back of my mind I was thinking things like: "Gosh, I wonder how much choice and how many different ways I can handle that scenario?"

The Hitman vision, like the Batman one, is something that the user can avoid using although I find that's easier said than done. I used it far too much in Arkham Asylum and it was almost like having an outright cheat.

I'm not sure how far into the future this game is from release but I'm hoping that these devs are true to their word like in that QA session. Make sure Hitman is actually Hitman!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Roleplaying

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

http://i42.tinypic.com/nmkbbc.jpg

That image is pretty big and I don't want to bust H-scrolls. Basically you can read that and I think it's easy to read between the lines there. The same would also apply to Jesper Kyd who won't even mention the subject and deletes Facebook posts or any references whenever someone (like me) tries to bring it up.

I hope this game is good but that sort of thing really puts a sour taste in my mouth.