PMC Audio twenty.26 – I am excited

HiWire

These should go well with my Arcam C31/P1 monoblocs... pity about the price, though. I'm currently running Acoustic Energy Aegis Two floorstanders.

http://www.pmc-speakers.com/products/consumer/twenty/twenty26

I heard the older FB1i at a dealer paired with Arcam electronics and it was a great match. Initial reports from the Bristol show last weekend seem to be enthusiastic.

I'll take mine in Amarone.

Edited by HiWire

I've heard the 22... it's great for smaller rooms. The 26 is overkill for my current room.

I can probably make full use of twenty.24s in my current tiny 10'x10' room, but the 26 will work in a larger room as close to full-range speakers.

Some people prefer the i series sound. I wonder if PMC will release Signature editions the way they did with the i series.

Edited by HiWire

You've got an interesting gear setup. The room looks comfy!

I wonder if your speakers would sound slightly different in a carpeted room. I hope the twenty series won't sound too harsh with my solid-state gear – I chose Arcam electronics for their liquid, effortless sound and they seem to pair well with PMC's accurate, dynamic sound.

My listening room is drywall and wall-to-wall carpet, with a low ceiling.

I noticed that PMC has removed many of the i series models from its website – I wonder how the twenty.26 will compare with fact.8 towers.

Edited by HiWire

I don’t know about the differences with or without carpet, I’d say yes it would have an impact somehow.

PMC import Byston and have some sort of affiliation, I’d say solid state would be right at home, I also thick Arcam would be a great choice, from what I’ve read.

I had a friend over last night, he bought along his NAD M51 DAC. I’m currently using a Buffalo SEIII DAC.

The M51 wiped the floor. No contest. I have it on loan for a while...

The days of DIY DACs are over for me, especially given the price of the M51.

Edited by johnwmclean

• 6 months later...