Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HiWire

Manufacturer/MoT
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HiWire

  1. Tropicália ou Panis et Circencis (Latin for Bread and circuses) A Girl Meets Bossanova - Olivia Ong
  2. What is a yute?
  3. Techmoan talks taping off the radio:
  4. I play it on my gamepad, same as with Forza Horizon 4 and 5. It runs excellently, since the Forza series came from the Xbox originally. I have tried it with my racing wheel and pedals and it works, too, but, I prefer the controller for casual racing.
  5. Toyota's new GR GT and GT3 race car are coming next year - I've been "driving" it in Forza Horizon 6 already:
  6. Happy Birthday!
  7. A refresher and test of a commercially recorded compact cassette tape - regular 120µs EQ (Type I) vs. 70µs High-Bias Equalization. This video is from 5 years ago - it turns out that manufacturers did not increase quality to supply the compact cassette revival. Theoretically, you could launch a boutique manufacturing company making high-end metal (Type IV) cassettes with Dolby S noise reduction (the patent has expired), playing on Nakamichi-like decks with 3-head setups, dual-capstan closed-loop transports, and auto azimuth correction, but the remaining manufacturers have come in at the bottom with Tanashin clone tape mechanisms and ferric tape reissues, because they know they are selling to a hipster fad, not audiophiles or professionals. Going to replace the belts on my cheapo mid-90s Panasonic RQ-V80 cassette player (which has no bias switches).
  8. That's odd - I thought the Instax were for film, but I'm not sure why you need this instead of a phone camera.
  9. I've got a Nikon D70. It's 22 years old now (2004). The soft plastic bits are getting sticky but everything else works ok, including the battery (I think it's much newer).
  10. ASCII city map update The Beauty of Color Cycling in Video Games
  11. I think people would buy them if they were cheap.
  12. HiWire replied to grawk's topic in Field Recording
    There's a ton of that Chinesium everywhere. Some of them might be good, but I can afford to wait it out. I don't have a video camera or good DSLR (or a business case for content creation), so a shotgun mic is just a curiosity at the moment.
  13. HiWire replied to grawk's topic in Field Recording
    The more I learn about microphones, the more I realize the depths of my ignorance - I didnt' know the Deity microphones were highly controversial with YouTubers, because I had never heard of them... https://www.silverlightphotoco.com/audio-reviews/deity-v-mic-d3-pro I think I did come across the RØDE VideoMic at some point years ago: https://medium.com/@ed_22350/i-tested-both-best-shotgun-microphones-for-video-heres-the-one-thing-everyone-gets-wrong-about-fd7fcd698448 This Audio-Technica ATV-SG1 looks decent:
  14. Basia - the background instruments sound like something out of a Sega Genesis game... maybe Streets of Rage or Shinobi (I mean that in a good way):
  15. Need a mortgage for that Mac Studio... on the other hand, you might cure cancer.
  16. New Mac Mini and Studio announced today - escalating RAM and storage prices make me completely indifferent to the lineup (Apple is also forcing advertising into their Maps app). Mini: https://www.apple.com/mac-mini/ Studio: https://www.apple.com/mac-studio/
  17. HiWire replied to grawk's topic in Field Recording
    PetaPixel's useful primer video on shotgun mics started me down the rabbit hole again: Apples and oranges, I don't have a fancy camera, so researching field recording stereo mics again brought me to binaural microphone rigs (like the Roland CS-10EM or DPA 4560) and the the Shure MV88+ and Rode iXY-L stereo microphones for iPhone: https://audioservices.studio/review/microphones-for-iphone For an all-in-1 - the Tascam Portacapture X6 looks reasonable for an all-rounder (this is its bigger brother, the X8):
  18. The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
  19. Happy Birthday!
  20. RIP, Vincent Belorgey, aka Kavinsky (Nightcall song from the Drive (2011) soundtrack) - may have passed away from a stroke at age 50:
  21. Black Sails

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.