Hoffman/Gray to Remaster WB/Reprise Catalog for Rhino Vinyl

postjack

I know most of you probably already know this from reading over at the sh.tv forums, but this is too exciting not to mention here.

Quoted from Steve Hoffman:

"As most of the world knows today, it has been announced that Rhino/WB/Reprise has undertaken the most ambitious vinyl reissue program of any major label in recent history.

Spurred on by a vinyl lover high up in the Warner Bros./Reprise records administration, I can now reveal that Kevin and I have been remastering for Rhino 180 gram vinyl the cream of the WB/Reprise back catalog for release. Mastered at AcousTech and pressed on virgin vinyl at RTI, Camarillo, these albums will feature the original artwork, track listings and (most importantly to me) are all being cut in true analog from the original Warner Bros./Reprise stereo master mixes, some untouched for 35 years... FRIENDS, this is the time to buy a turntable. Trust me on this: You will not hear these classic titles sound better anywhere, ever!"

:dance:

There are so many cool things in the above quote I don't know where to start.

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=112018

god this is really interesting. It's too bad that the phono side of our hobby is way out of my price range.

There are lots of great options for budget phono, but its true that it seems no TT gets 100% respect from phono enthusiasts until you get to the VPI Scout area, which runs $1600. :o

People will always find bad things to say about the MMF, Rega p1-2, and of course Technics tables. I enjoy my 1200, but its obvious from listening to it that vinyl could just sound so much better.