My Firefox is running like shit...

archosman

For some reason my Firefox browser is running like crap as of late. I'm on a 1.33 GHz PowerPC G4, got 2 gigs of ram, I've defragged-run Tech Tool Pro and it still has been loading like molasses. I've ended up going back to Safari at the moment. I don't really have that many extras on mine, I've downloaded the latest and copied it over the old one... and no luck. I'm at the end of my rope. :mikey2:

Any suggestions? >:(

In my experience Firefox on the Mac has speed issues. I tend to use Safari 99% of the time even though it annoys me in some ways (Like the "Add to iPhoto Library" contextual menu item). I do hear good things about Camino and the more recent Opera builds too. Also Shiira seems very nice and is currently top of my list to try out.

Camino is everything Firefox should be for a Mac. Firefox just plain stinks on Mac OS X and while I do love Safari, it can be quite the pain in the ass sometimes. Camino is faster and works hell of a lot better than anything else that's out there, but I'm not going to say that it doesn't have any problems, cause it does.

>:D

I think I'm going to try the Camino. I downloaded Opera... was satisfied with it's performance until I went to eBay. I entered in nevada test site. There was a photo of the Able 2 detonation for sale I click on it and get this...

Dear User:

Unfortunately, access to this particular category or item has been blocked due to legal restrictions in your home country. Based on our discussions with concerned government agencies and eBay community members, we have taken these steps to reduce the chance of inappropriate items being displayed. Regrettably, in some cases this policy may prevent users from accessing items that do not violate the law. At this time, we are working on less restrictive alternatives. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you, and we hope you may find other items of interest on eBay.

Thank You.

What gives with that? I"m in the US. Opera written by commies or something? ::)

• 2 weeks later...

Well after extensive use of Camino for the past few weeks, I'm beginning to dislike it quite a bit. It's much too slow on a PPC G4 based Mac OS X system and it begins to suck hardcore when things get too busy for it. I've switched to Shiira and it's quite a nice browser. Fast as all fuck.

Well after extensive use of Camino for the past few weeks, I'm beginning to dislike it quite a bit. It's much too slow on a PPC G4 based Mac OS X system and it begins to suck hardcore when things get too busy for it. I've switched to Shiira and it's quite a nice browser. Fast as all fuck.

I started to use Shiira right after mentioning it in that earlier post and I've been very impressed too. It's got some weird/unusual features but it seems to be very configurable allowing you to make it work more like whatever browser you're used to if you like. And yeah, since it's using webkit it's damn fast.