whats the deal with sd.net?

postjack

Star Destroyer.net

I've seen it mentioned here a few times, and ended up actually finding the address in a random screenshot that aerius posted. Looks like a scary forum! Problem is I think Star Wars is kind of stupid. But I think Trek kicks ass (especially tng and ds9).

In short, what the hell is the story on this place? It looks like more OT discussion goes on then actual sci-fi talk.

I'm not sure how it started, as I wasn't there from the beginning. I'm told it began mostly as a Star Trek, Star Wars, and Sci-fi board, but the focus has shifted over the years and we get into some pretty heavy stuff on Science, Politics, Religion, and the usual off topic stuff. And of course the discussions on weapons systems and how to properly plan a nuclear laydown on various countries.

I believe the owner decided after episode one to open up a board of his own instead of staying in the newsgroup ASVS which sort of was an annoying place to post. The first two or three years were filled with ST v SW debates as well as plenty of stuff about the prequel trilogy so it was pretty active. Now, the debate is over, there's no more Star Trek, and no more SW movies, so the SW/ST/SWvST sections slowed to a crawl.

If you plan on going there, you better wear a durable flame retardant suit just in case.