Opus 21 S30 & XS

postjack

I'm always intrigued by a full line of products from one manufacturer that can pretty much handle all your audio needs. As much praise as I've read about the Opus 21, I'm surprised to have never even heard of the S30 Integrated Amplifier and the XS "Extra Sources"..., um, box thing, which has an MC and MM phono stage, additional inputs including USB, an FM/AM tuner (!!!!!!), and a headphone amplifier.

Can't find much about these two components around the world wide internet. Anybody ever seen them, heard them, or read a review of them?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have the full system, CD player (with GNS mod) , S30 amp and XS. The S30 drives my Rega R3 speakers beautifully, and the headphone jack on the S30 is very good (I use it with HD650 or Proline 650). The K1000 are also very nice plugged in on the speaker out of the S30.

I have my DVD drive and TV plugged in to the XS module - as my DVD player is not very good, I cannot really comment on the XS, other than to say that it works fine. I have not yet used the phono stage on the XS but I understand it is very good.

The weakest point in this setup is probably the CD player, which I find a bit dark - but then again I am comparing it to the Nagra CDC which I also own.

Overall, I am very happy with this setup.