Altec Lansing IM716 resistor mod; anybody?

drp

Have any of you that have the IM716, or took advantage of the Buy dot com deal, removed the volume pod and added resistors? The other site has a thread on this but thought I check here as well.

I just got in a pair and also have a few resistors hanging around; although, all I have are 75 ohm jobbies from KSC-35 mod craziness.

Other than getting rid of the somewhat sizeable pod holding the switch and volume pot, anyone find it worth the effort?

I bought a pair, probably won't do anything to them though. They've officially been dubbed my snow blowing headphones so no sense modding them much. :)

And how it that un-modded snow blowing rig treating you, Nate? It would seem that your post was the equivalent of a snow dance, because I just moved a ton of wet heavy stuff. Got it moved before the rain got a chance to make it even heavier.

On the mod, I think I'm going to terminate just south of the driver leads (lower value resistors maybe), similar to how the E500 is constructed, and use a 1st Gen Shuffle with a shirt clip. This will make for a minimum wire length player for the gym (or snow shoveling.... grrrr). Then maybe an extension with other resistors to go to an amp'd player.