Anyone in the US need parts from Farnell?

luvdunhill

I need to place an order to Farnell through Newark for some parts I cannot get here in the US (an Euro footprint PCB mount transformer). They have a $20 surcharge for this service. Would anyone else like some parts? I'm going to be ordering in the next day or so, so this will be quick. Some particularly worthwhile gems at Farnell are:

LCR Components EXFS/HR box polystyrene caps, Newark part number 73K0558

ROE MKP1837 caps, Newark part number 26M1608

Just let me know here in this thread and we can work payment details out later...

Hmmm - do I need some of these parts - is this part of the shunt regs?

BTW, on a related note, SumR should be done and shipping by Friday.

nope, but I have a few parts I will pick up for you for something else. I need this due to the relay hell that is my preamp, that and the Newhaven Display VFD sucking 440mA max current, which is pretty insane. I didn't really calculate things up front, just guessed... and guessed wrong.

• 3 weeks later...

Luvdunhill,

I'm ordering this week from RS components (RS Electronics - industrial electronic components distributor) which is pretty similar to farnell.

If you want I can order your transformer(assuming they have it or a similar one) and ship it to you.

Might be cheaper since you don't pay for the surcharge.

Let me know if you are interested.

Manuel

Luvdunhill,

I'm ordering this week from RS components (RS Electronics - industrial electronic components distributor) which is pretty similar to farnell.

If you want I can order your transformer(assuming they have it or a similar one) and ship it to you.

Might be cheaper since you don't pay for the surcharge.

Let me know if you are interested.

Manuel

Thanks for the kind offer! I in fact, already ordered though and it works fantastic! They actually do carry them, they are made by a German company Block. Very nice transformers and much better priced than say the Amveco PCB mount toroids.