Need help finding a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter.

KenW

As the title says, I'm needing a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter so I can get rid of the cheap/awful buds that came with my cell phone and use some decent IEM's. Unfortunately, I'm having trouble finding these. Radio Shack(mine anyway) and the cell phone companies in my area don't have any. I ordered an expensive one ($20) from Pocket PC Techs only to find that it was defective upon arrival so back it went. I see lots of adapters in mono but I'm not finding a lot of options for stereo. Anyone have one that they're happy with? Where did you find it?

Any help would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Yep. Tried ebay. Didn't work out so hot. Seller has yet to respond to my questions about whether he's shipped my adapter yet. Felt somewhat stupid paying $4 for shipping a .99 item. I know it doesn't cost that much to ship. 50 cents maybe but $4?? Come on. Even if I get resolution through ebay/paypal, it's only going to net me $1 as the S/H isn't refundable with my seller. I'm not the first according to his feedback but I figured for $5 it was worth a shot. There are some real scumbags on ebay and I guess I found one of them.

Thanks Nate. I'll give it a look. As for the ebay thing, it's only $5 but on principle it pissed me off since I know the jerk is overcharging bigtime on the shipping. Heck, even an "I'm sorry the item was lost" or some such excuse would have been preferable to a total ignoring of my emails.

Ain't no biggie. I've picked up a RadioShack adapter which is stereo but it only works in mono with my device unless I back it out of the 2.5mm receptacle a bit. It will work until I can locate a replacement.

Thanks Reks. Actually, in my business, I use some rubber stops that when cut in half fit perfectly. Found another seller.....gawd yes on ebay so we'll try one more time. Yeah, I'm a glutton for punishment but darned if none of the cell phone stores that I've tried have an adapter. When I ask for a 2.5 to 3.5 adapter, they look at me like I'm from mars or something and then try to sell me the cheap buds from the accessory rack. ::) Ah well, it's just for picking up games while I'm on the road so it's not that critical.

Thanks Nate. I'll give it a look. As for the ebay thing, it's only $5 but on principle it pissed me off since I know the jerk is overcharging bigtime on the shipping. Heck, even an "I'm sorry the item was lost" or some such excuse would have been preferable to a total ignoring of my emails.

Ain't no biggie. I've picked up a RadioShack adapter which is stereo but it only works in mono with my device unless I back it out of the 2.5mm receptacle a bit. It will work until I can locate a replacement.

Ken, sellers aren't actually overcharging you for shipping. Most sellers try to get the price really low because they know ebayers sort the listings by price so their listings show up first on top when sorted from cheap to most expensive. The item probably actually costs 5 dollars so really they just switched it around. What eBay needs to do to fix this is put what you would be paying out the door with shipping + item price so people can sort that way.