iTunes foul-up.

I created a seperate libarary in itunes in order to do some shuffling and converting of my existing library without touching it. Job done I came back to my original library.

Except that it seems to think that all of my music is where i had previously copied the files to for the second library. The only thing unaffected is podcasts.

Now I could simply recompile the library. I havent lost any files or anything. But Id have to sit and wait for all the artwork and volume levelling to process again. And the gapless stuff. And then run iVolume again. And this is all very time consuming and irritating. I'd also lose my play counts and probably my ratings (which I use for dynamic playlists.)

Is there some manner by which I can correct itunes to point all my songs back to where they actually are, aside from manually selecting "locate" for all 10,000 tracks?

Yes.

No, I don't know what it is.

What is it exactly that you are changing? I think iTunes keeps the iLibrary meta-data in two different places. I'll google later and see if I can find the link I found previously, when I was going to try to move an entire library to a different machine, on an entirely different disk/partition/folder/geographical coordinates.

Or you can just wait for someone else to pipe in with the answer.