New Sarah and Tori albums

aerius

For those of you who are living under a rock, Sarah McLachlan's Wintersong album is now out, got myself a copy the day it was released. Yes it's a christmas album, but it's got Sarah special touch, I actually like it more than her Afterglow album. Also out on CD is the full uncut version of Mirroball, this is a 2 CD set that contains the entire concert set. Yeah there's overlap with the Afterglow Live CD/DVD set but it's different enough to be worth it.

While I was at the store I also saw the A Piano: the Collection which is the Tori Amos box set that comes in a piano keyboard. I didn't buy it but I took a look at the track listings and it seems pretty interesting. I'll probably grab it when it goes on sale.

Hmmm, that does sound like a good christmas gift. I'll have to start dropping tori amos hints at the Wife. ;)

I have everything except 'To Venus and Back' as I can't seem to find it for less than $30 used. I even have a CD called 'More Pink' that has tons of B Sides... I should burn you a copy of that Eaphan.

Also out on CD is the full uncut version of Mirroball, this is a 2 CD set that contains the entire concert set. Yeah there's overlap with the Afterglow Live CD/DVD set but it's different enough to be worth it.

I'll say that the uncut Mirrorball 2-disc set is well worth it. I don't care for much of the Afterglow album, so I never picked up Afterglow Live. But "Witness" is probably my favorite of all of her tracks, and it didn't appear on the 1-disc version of Mirrorball. So I was always tempted by Afterglow Live. With the release of the 2-disc Mirrorball, I don't have to expose myself to Afterglow tracks!

While I was at the store I also saw the A Piano: the Collection which is the Tori Amos box set that comes in a piano keyboard. I didn't buy it but I took a look at the track listings and it seems pretty interesting. I'll probably grab it when it goes on sale.

I'm still intrigued by the big live box set of hers. I'm still not sold on the Piano set.

I'll say that the uncut Mirrorball 2-disc set is well worth it. I don't care for much of the Afterglow album, so I never picked up Afterglow Live. But "Witness" is probably my favorite of all of her tracks, and it didn't appear on the 1-disc version of Mirrorball. So I was always tempted by Afterglow Live. With the release of the 2-disc Mirrorball, I don't have to expose myself to Afterglow tracks!

The only reason I didn't buy the new Mirrorball set is because I ripped the audio tracks of the Mirrorball DVD onto CDs. The reason I did so was much the same as yours, I wanted the live version of "Witness" which is way better than the studio version. Sidenote. Afterglow Live was recorded at the Toronto concert, so if you look real carefully you might be able to see me in the DVD somewhere. So far I haven't succeeded in finding myself.

I'm still intrigued by the big live box set of hers. I'm still not sold on the Piano set.

I didn't even know that set existed until you mentioned it and I looked it up on Amazon a few minutes ago.