Modded DT 990 review

Chrysanthemum

Well we have all read reviews about the new Beyer?s, namely the DT880?s and the DT990?s so I won?t boar you with more dribble other than to say that I am a Beyer fan and like the new ones even more than the old ones. My review of the DT 990?s would be very positive.

What I do want to comment on is my ?re-cableing of the DT 990?s. I used two 10 foot lengths of Mogami pure copper cable (shield and vinal removed) to put two 22ga. leads to each terminal for a total of eight wires used. I did it in a ?Y? configuration and drilled a hole in the other cup as opposed to running a length through the headband. No other mods were done.

The end result: The sounds explode fourth. It?s a pretty good increase on all fronts but mostly in the bass frequencies. It was very noticeable and well worth doing. I was a little disappointed in hearing the stock 2006 DT990?s for the first time. But now they reign supreme IMHO.

:laugh:

• 2 weeks later...