Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

www.Head-Case.org

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

joehpj

Returning Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by joehpj

  1. KT77 has different internal configuration. Take JJ's spec sheet for example, 6CA7 pin1 was connected to g3 while KT77 has pin1 NC and g3 connected to cathode internally.  It won't be a problem in some versions of the Kevin's layout which G3 and cathode was connected on the PCB. But in a certain version of GG's layout, which G3 was linked to anode. It will be a disaster if KT77 was plugged in. I didn't checked the BH's board layout. So if your BH/GG has former board layout, it should be perfectly fine. 

  2. ·

    Edited by joehpj

    On the 700s page.

    ●New semiconductor driver with J-FET in the amplification stage
    All semiconductor driver unit that has adopted custom-made low-noise dual FET at the first stage, and for the first time in STAX driver unit history J-FET has been employed at the second stage.

     

    After so many years, Stax finally ran out of the long obsoleted Toshiba JFET. The 700t is more like a change that has to be done eventually. But still for some unknown reasons, they still refused to employ CCS in their tube amps. And the second of the 700s stage is quite interesting for me. It's so sad that it hasn't been a lot of innovations since the old Stax gone broke, so minor changes now become news.

  3. Done. I miscalculated the height needed for all the stuff on the amp boards, so the build is super tight. As the first one made as a prototype, I think it's good enough. I will increase the width and depth by a little bit next time. Now for some serious listening and comparison with Carbon and GG.

    image.thumb.png.c24ce0633e648462248a61b7b7335943.png

  4. Made some multi-coated front panel recently. This is a small project  @ang728  and I ran together. This is our first attempt to try multi-coated for the front panels. I don't know if this kind of finishing will start to peel off in longterm. We'll see. We are thinking making more interesting colors, too. Maybe "Hulk" green or something like that...

    The blue one has tapered feet while the red one has real spiked feet. 

    DSC_9796-1200x798.jpg

    DSC_9838.jpg

    DSC_9795.jpg

    DSC_9842.jpg

    DSC_9794.jpg

  5. 1 hour ago, 2b青年爱发烧 said:

    Thanks very much for your reply~

    1) I checked out mouser and other sale sites, really there was no more high voltage P type devices, sad...but found a few 2sa1968 on taobao.com, maybe I can use them.

    3) what if short the resistor? yeah...maybe it's dangerous.

    5) sorry I remembered it wrong, is it better with a follower?

    use modern SMD ones like STN9360 instead of 2sa1968 on taobao.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.