Dynaudio BM5A MKII

shellylh

Kinda late to this thread (just noticed it).

I've had a pair of BM5 mkll for about a year and a half now.

I bought them primarily to mix with. I have them on my desktop on isoAcoustics stands (which I modified to be just the right height).

I guess I'm pretty happy with them but I use them more as tools and rarely for pleasure.

As with most ported designs, the bass is really nice until it gets to the cutoff point (around 50Hz). Then the response drops off more quickly than with other cabinet designs.

I supplement the bottom octave by listening to a few passes with my HD800's.

During normal listening, I forget that I'm missing some of that bottom end and have to remind myself to check it with other transducers.

A sub would be nice but I plan to save my money and get a pair of Klein and Hummel (sp?) 310's in a few years.

I use them with either the monitor outs of my MH ULN-2 or with adapter cables from my Zana Deux (pin 1 shorted to pin 3).

Overall, they are nice speakers to live with in the long run and I'm very pleased with the sound per size ratio.

Guitar Center usually stocks them and you should be able to give them a listen there.