How and Where should I sell my computer???

Hey all,

I'm thinking about buying my Wife a Mac Mini since she has been wanting one for some time now. I've been thinking this might be a good time to sell off my old computer and start building a new one since I will be able to use her Mac in a pinch.

Should I part it out or try to sell it as a whole? Where should I sell it? [Hardforum?] What is this stuff worth now a days?

case: coolermaster centurion 5

enermax liberty 500w psu

dfi lanparty ut nf4-d w/ athlon a64 3000+

2x 1024mb geil pc4000

2x 7200rpm seagate 200GB sata drives

nec dvd burner with black coolermaster aluminum front bezel

sapphire radeon x1900gt

zalman 120mm fan/sink on the cpu, coolermaster 80mm volt modded intake fan, coolermaster 120mm output fan at rear

Never been overclocked and its all in great shape and works fine. The case may have a few slight scratches, but I will have to give it a closer look.

Thanks in advance,

Jason

A couple details I forgot. I have a legit copy of Windows XP Pro [OEM] that I could either include or keep for myself. The video card has 256mb of DDR3 graphics memory.

Is it not fast enough for you? It kills my computer.
lol, well it could be a little faster... oblivion is such a hog! :)

The main reason that I am thinking about building a new computer is that I will be using it from my comfy chair [leather chair in my office] and have a somewhat alternative [weird] setup in mind. Part of what I plan on doing requires that I have an nVidia graphics card. I would also like to put the system in a smaller case and use this as an excuse to upgrade to an intel core duo and ddr2 ram.

I am still not 100% on this, but was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. [or if anyone is interested in the computer]

I really need a graphics card with 512mb of RAM for oblivion at max settings... I wish I would have known that before I bought. It still looks incredible at near max with the tweaks that I've done, but it would be nice to push it right to the limit. :)

I think a large part of that may be my processor holding me back as well... hard to say.

I haven't played any of the Gothic games, but have always been interested. Gothic 3 is good I take it?

I think we've finally reached a stage where games are actually really taxing the processor. I used to run an overclocked Athlon XP before this with a nice video card, but it just didn't hold up.

Yeah Gothic 3 is pretty fun. Make sure you buy the US version as the Euro is riddled with bugs. I would play them in order just to see how the games evolved. Gothic 2 is probably the best. You can get Gothic 2 Gold (with expansion) in the bargain bins.

They're like the Elder Scrolls games in that they're free roam, completely open. But the games are much less politically correct being a German dev team and all. For example you see prostitutes, you can kill women, kids, etc.

Oblivion is an awesome game I just don't like the auto-balance where you're placed on the same level as your enemies. Also the NPCs are really dumb.

The Gothic series start off a shit load harder than the Elder Scrolls games in that you're a weak human and you'll get raped by most enemies (including wildlife) at the start of the game. But as you level up you can basically become a god and rape entire towns. In Oblivion you'll be lucky if you ever kill a guard :'(

There are mods that give Oblivion a more natural feel... but stock, I agree with you. I'll have to keep my eyes open for the Gothic games, they sound like good times.

tkam - Thanks for the tip... but I really need info on where to sell my current computer more than what to buy. :)

I think your best bet on selling it and not taking a total loss would be a craigslist type of place. You could always try hardocp forums or other tech related forums but your more likely to only get bottom dollar for it from places like that.