Rega Jura speakers - anyone heard them?

MexicanDragon

So a friend I know from work has a spare (I think) pair of these, and his wife is wanting less clutter in their place. (I get that.) He knows I'm into gear and audio and whatnot, and we've been talking for years about stuff. He asked me if I'd be interested in this pair, and we talked about trading something, perhaps. I think he'd be willing to take my pair of Senn 580/600 grill/650 cable for this pair of speakers.

I've read some mostly-positive reviews, but, well, "internet reviewers" and all. It seems these were out at least around the turn of the century. I was looking at just getting some stands for the Wharfedale Diamond II bookshelf speakers I got at a thrift shop, but with kids around, I think I'd rather have some floor standers for the high-traffic living room.

I'd probably hook them up to an old NAD T742 receiver I have and use the setup for movies, and maybe games, with some music from time-to-time.

If anyone has ever heard 'em, or had 'em, LMK. Thanks.

**BRENT**

sega2eju.jpg

Rega Juras are in the setup and they're pretty good. Hard to play with kids trying to sleep.

My buddy brought over some other stuff, including a Luxman R-113 integrated amp with phono input, so this will wind up in the bedroom rig eventually. I got the Denon DV-2900 out of storage (thought it was broken). The combo wasn't perfect, and there needs to be some tweaking, but I think it'll do :)

Turns out he has had these for about 5 years and had loves them. WAF was low for some reason, so he wanted them to go to a good home. Done and done.

We hooked up my backup thrift shop Wharfdale Diamond IIIs and listened to those too. I'm always impressed with those when I haven't listened in a while. Fantastic for 10$. He took them home to listen in his rig... Maybe he can use 'em. He also brought over an Adcom tuner/pre with phono stage. It's been in a closet for 5-6 years, so we'll see if it winds up in my closet or back in his.

Man, having a house instead of apartment dwelling is so nice!

**BRENT**

• Like 1