Stax Quattro I and II repair

Earspeakers

I have a Quattro I and II with different issues, appreciate anybody who has repaired CDP's. I haven't opened these up yet, doing some research first. 

• Quattro I. Has tracking issue. Has trouble tracking some disks randomly (some 20% of the time)
  • Quattro II. Sticking/opening drawer issue. Possible to replace the drawer mechanism? Any replacement drawer pointers?

Thanks much -

No experience with Stax Quattro. 

Last time I had some major sticking/opening drawer issue with Wadia transport it turned out to be aging rubber belts in the drawer mechanism needed to be replaced. Given the age of these players that's where I would look first (if belt(s) is used). 

For ransom tracking issues I usually make sure there was no dust or other contamination on the laser lens first. I did have to replace a laser assembly once due to aging as well. 

I wouldn't touch the pots for optical laser power and tracking as a last resort if you can't fix it via anything else.

A draw sticking problem could be a problem with the limiter/latch switch underneath the draw or an over-greased or under-greased gear/belt that is causing slippage when the draw motor kicks in to open the draw. This problem can also cause tracking issues (random skipping on a track of a cd) if the draw is not closed or opened properly, a miss-alignment in the laser head to read from the tracking of the disc.

I wouldn't touch the pots for optical laser power and tracking as a last resort if you can't fix it via anything else.

Good tip, just so I know what I'm getting into if I have to resort to that, why should doing it be avoided?

A draw sticking problem could be a problem with the limiter/latch switch underneath the draw or an over-greased or under-greased gear/belt that is causing slippage when the draw motor kicks in to open the draw. This problem can also cause tracking issues (random skipping on a track of a cd) if the draw is not closed or opened properly, a miss-alignment in the laser head to read from the tracking of the disc.

Thanks.