new Gahan 10/23

postjack

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember liking Paper Monsters that much, but then, I only listened to it once.

Yeah, its just an OK album.

But...

He still has one of the greatest voices in rock'n'roll.

...which is why I'm excited about the new album. The tracks on his myspace page sound good.

They haven't technically split up yet, as far as I know. From wikipedia:

thanks for the info!

I hope they don't really but i am sure not alone on this. DM is great cause when they make a sonic change they still sound like DM..good old DM.

postjack did you listen to pta on vinyl? its somewhat better then cd..somewhat.

thanks for the info!

I hope they don't really but i am sure not alone on this. DM is great cause when they make a sonic change they still sound like DM..good old DM.

postjack did you listen to pta on vinyl? its somewhat better then cd..somewhat.

Thanks for the reminder, I've been meaning to pick that up! A few folks over at the Hoffman forums said it was the best out of all the versions. Still not great, but better then the others. I'll have to snag me a copy somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to this right now, so far I really like it! Gone are the bluesy leanings he had on "Paper Monsters", in favor of a much more electronic style that ranges from the portisheadie to the skinny puppyish, and this only in the first three tracks. ;D Some great Gahan singing, growls, and yells. Pretty damn cool.