Some stuff, like, in the right place now, dudes, totally.

Knuckledragger

Same rig I've been using for over a year. FLACs in foobar -> Adcom GDC-750 CDP/DAC -> Gilmore Lite + DPS -> HD-650s/Blue Dragon Mk IIs, all the electronics being feed cleaned power via a Monster HTS-5100 MK II. Total cost to me: around $1500.

What makes me a true head-fi heretic is that I have resisted upgraditis and FOTM syndrome.

That is, until I sent a large-ish payment to one Mr. Takei for some bleeding edge fuglyphones and accompanying boat anchor. ;D One pair of cans doubles the cost of my rig. :o

Same rig I've been using for over a year. FLACs in foobar -> Adcom GDC-750 CDP/DAC -> Gilmore Lite + DPS -> HD-650s/Blue Dragon Mk IIs, all the electronics being feed cleaned power via a Monster HTS-5100 MK II. Total cost to me: around $1500.

What makes me a true head-fi heretic is that I have resisted upgraditis and FOTM syndrome.

That is, until I sent a large-ish payment to one Mr. Takei for some bleeding edge fuglyphones and accompanying boat anchor. ;D One pair of cans doubles the cost of my rig. :o

I guess if you're going to do it, go BIG :dance:

I pre-ordered, but since the well had run dry, I won't be paying him until he has a few more ready. Truth is I'm wavering. I'm going to check agile_one's out at the Florida meet on the 27th and make a decision from there. I want to upgrade my source, recable my Ks, and buy a new subwoofer for my Abbys. Can't do it if I buy the fugly phones...but I want the fugly phones.

Apparently my smartass sig was more apropos than I intended. ;D

I want to upgrade my source, recable my Ks, and buy a new subwoofer for my Abbys. Can't do it if I buy the fugly phones...but I want the fugly phones.

I financed part of my TakeT purchase by selling my subwoofer. I had a Paradigm PW-2200, which rattled the floorboards and shook fillings loose, but it never seemed fast enough to me. Maybe I never positioned it right. As I said on [that other place], I have a pipe dream of being able to buy a Gilmore-designed TakeT amplifier (a KGTT if you will) from Headamp within the next year or so. Preferably without needing to list a kidney on eBay.

I'm not sure exactly what caused me to spring for the TakeTs. Part of it was the September 26th date (oh, that crafty Mr. Takei and his Engrish translator) and part of it was Duggeh's epic review of them (I never read it in its entirety.) The single biggest deciding factor was everything I have read about the TakeTs leads me to believe their sound signature (spacious, revealing and bassy) meshes perfect with the kind of music I prefer, ambient dub, IDM and downtempo electronics.