CEC HD53R... good choice?

Assorted

I bought a CEC HD53R for exactly 40 000 Yen in Japan (which is around $370 USD), to pair with my Edition 9s. While it does sound nice, I have some lingering after thoughts...

Unfortunately I only found one reference to this amp in this forum. I'm hoping somebody with experience with the HD53R can help me. For it's price, did I make the right choice? Are there any other headphones that magically synergizes with this amp?

I just discovered that the HD53R doesn't work with IEMs, because volume pot is unbalanced around 7:00~7:30 (which is the lowest), and this seems to be a common problem, so I'm assuming it's not an isolated case.

I had a great opportunity to listen to this with the RS-1 and GS1000 in Japan with some... gold colored Marantz CD player. I didn't have Edition 9s with me at the time, but everything did seem more natural with Grados.

Looks like I answered my own question there :/

Nevertheless, $400 with 4 HP outs and LR speaker outs, I think I'm pretty happy with it :)

• 4 months later...

I bought a CEC HD53R for exactly 40 000 Yen in Japan (which is around $370 USD), to pair with my Edition 9s. While it does sound nice, I have some lingering after thoughts...

Unfortunately I only found one reference to this amp in this forum. I'm hoping somebody with experience with the HD53R can help me. For it's price, did I make the right choice? Are there any other headphones that magically synergizes with this amp?

no, it's sucks bigtime. sell them to me now!!! :rofl:

no, seriously, i want one!!!