Portable Video Player Recommendations

luvdunhill

Hey!

So, I'm looking for a portable player of sorts to placate the babies on the way to China. Requirements are long battery life, or the ability to take AA or another battery pack, and pretty much kid proof. Doesn't have to play DVDs directly, if the ripping process is pretty smooth. I prefer the tablet style.

Seems like there aren't many options out there... so, I figured I'd ask around.

that's the solution I did :)

wow, si5 is a really bad website.. i cannot even find it there. Google says they have a replaceable battery though...

Also,

"Using iPod Classic / Nano 3G with Video 55

Due to a recent change in Apple iTunes software, the Nano 3G and the iPod Classic will no longer broadcast a video signal to the Video 55 when docked in the docking connector.

With Apple’s software change, the only way to view video on any existing video player, including the Video 55, is to purchase Apple’s iPod Composite Video Cable, available at Apple retail stores and Apple online at: http://store.apple.com

The cable would be used by plugging one end into the 30-pin plug on the iPod or Nano and the other end into the “AV In” plug on the side of the Video 55.

Please note that this software change by Apple does not affect the ability to play music from the iPod or Nano through the Video 55 speakers. Previous versions of the iPod are not affected by this change. All previous versions that have video capability can play video through the Video 55 when docked.

If you are still having difficulties please email us, and a customer service representative will contact you shortly"