Shipping headphones overseas

ultros

Description: headphones

Cost: actual cost of headphones :confused:

I don't see why he'd put anything else...

There may be customs fees. If there is customs won't release the headphones unless the fees are paid. I'm not sure if there are customs fees, but I just got something from Japan and for the first time I got hit paying close to $40.00 for a $600.00 item. I'm not sure if/what the fees would be.

If he puts it as a gift there may be less of a chance customs would put a fee on the item if there are fees from U.S. to Japan. I hope someone can add more insight here.

I don't know how it works in the USA, but I know a bit how it works in Spain, so maybe it's a similar case.

When sending a product to a foreign manufacturer for repair, you need to fill a "temporary export" form, stating the product, real value, serial number... even you need the actual proof of purchase, so they know you already paid the import duties. This saves the manufacturer paying import fees to have the product into his own country, but more importantly, will save you the import fees when the repaired product is sent back to you.

I think your friend should ask to your Customs Offices. BTW, Fedex, UPS, etc don't provide this service -looks like they love charging you to pass Customs every time the product crosses borders- so to send the product using the temporary export condition, he'd need to check the carrier to know if they provide the service.