modern receiver headphone amplification

mjb

in general, do any specific brands stand out among others when it comes to cheap receiver headphone amps? i'm looking for an inexpensive remote-controlled video switching device and a cheap used receiver seems to fit the bill... i remember reading a while ago that the pioneer elite series supposedly have discreet amplification for their headphone out...

basically, i'm looking to spend a couple hundred bucks at most and the only thing i care about is that i can switch video sources, so i thought i'd try to narrow it down by something i do care about...

i realize most or all will suck compared to a decent separate headphone amp, but i'm just looking for any that supposedly suck less.

thanks for any input you guys have...

mjb

component, composite and hdmi... actually, i'd rather it didn't upsample.

my tv's source control is insane, just looking for sanity... and i figured i could also grab a couple small bookshelf speakers to replace the built-in tv speaker(s).

this is the livingroom plasma, which is basically for the kids and the wife... which is to say that no money is being spent on this, because they don't care about anything other than ease of use. besides, my basement projector and 2 channel is restless and needs to eat :-)

mjb